July 21, 2008

Moe Kare!!

Moe Kare!!
(Moe Boyfriend!!)rough eng. translation.

Story and Art by: Gō IKEYAMADA
Published by: Shogakukan, Inc

Adapted into an anime: no
Adapted into a movie: no
Adapted into a live action: no

Genre: Romance, drama, shojo

Number of tankoubon: 7

ANN's plot summary: "Wakamiya Hikaru is a 15 year old teenager who wants a boyfriend that'll protect her. She likes to read Shoujo mangas all the time. One day, she gets kissed by a handsome, perverted boy who she called the "Perverted Prince." Later on, she finds a guy who looks exactly like him, but eyes are different. -Mangaupdates "

My Ranking: 5 hoshi
My Rating: PG-13
so glad I went back and looked around before I published this cause I forgot about allot of stuff. whew. okay there are many sex references along with some scenes. also there's a bit of partial nudity and mild language but all in all I don't think this series is all to bad but still there should be a courtesy warning.

My Review: I love this series. It is super super Moe (moe-eh) as it is in the actual title. Its a short romance story that made me all squealy inside. (definitely shojo) This series is so so sweet its intoxicating. I first discovered this series via a wallpaper I found on theotaku.com. I really thought the art style was adorable and romantic so I looked it up. I have to admit I was tentative because I knew that this was as shojo as one could get and I did not want to be an 'a-girl' like Hikaru in the story. (a fangirl who especially likes moe type shojo). You have to allow yourself to get paste the first chapter that I admit is not very attractive in credit to the rest of the series. Its really good, especially after chapter five where things really pick up.

This is a really lovely, tug at your heartstrings, leave you screaming in agony romance series; but not so much that its annoying cornball mush. The girl character isn't a hopeless, faint at the sight of danger kind of girl which I love in a main female character. and the guy isn't a total idiot with emotional baggage. How better could it get? Drama? you ask. Not to much like other series I've read. Yes there are some twists of problems which usually are qualified as drama but in all honesty they aren't ridiculously so. (did that sentence make sense?)

Again I cant describe how much I loved this manga. Adorable, sweet, romantic, all of these and not annoying at all. How excitingly rare! I read this series in three sit downs, it was that good. With all its squeelyness I admit it will make you laugh for it has a tendency to go into chibi form repeatedly. The last I can say is even if you aren't a total shojo lover give it a chance and I'm sure you'll love this manga. I cant describe how much I fell in love with it.

Comparison: I read this manga series at onemanga.com. Luckily the sub group, ShoujoWorld, was mostly continuous through the entire series and they did a very good job in my opinion. The beginning though was subbed by a combination of the groups Ochibichan and Condensation. This series is not licensed even though it was published back in 2005.

6 comments:

Ina-chan said...

Kya!!! I love this manga! It's sooo kawaii!

Kairi said...

EEEE! i know its so so so cute!

Horu Vuanesa said...

I love this manga so much! I sooooo want it to be made into a anime! Let's start a petition for it!

Kairi said...

lol. i love it too. though i wonder if it would be good as an anime.
i think it was proposed to be one at one point but the production company decided not to pic it up.

congrats you're the first person i dont know to comment on my blog.

Anonymous said...

que mala onda qe no la sacRAN EN ANIME
IO ASTA LLORE N EL FINAL
^^
PENse k se kedari cn TaKARA-KUN
y al final se kedo cn aRatA GENIA L
kakoiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!
kabaiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!

Hikaru Ichikawa said...

I read this when I was a wee little lass....well not really XD....around 12 or 13. XD And I must say...I LOVE it. <3 I wish it gets licensed or something....so I can buy the mangas. :3 (I hope no one knows though since there are some smutty parts and people may think I'm a perv for reading that. XD)